Terms of Service
These Terms and Conditions constitute a Contract between the Customer [“you” “your”] and Dorset Steam Cleaning Services [“Dorset Steam Cleaning” “us” “our”].
Placing an order for our cleaning services in person or by telephone, email or electronic website form constitutes your acceptance of these Terms & Conditions.
- Dorset Steam Cleaning has £5 million Public Liability insurance. The policy covers any accidental damages caused by the owner or other operator working on behalf of Dorset Steam Cleaning, which must be reported within 24 hours of service date.
- In the event of a claim for damage to third party property a £250 excess will apply, of which £100 will be paid by customer and £150 by Dorset Steam Cleaning.
Dorset Steam Cleaning reserves the right to refuse liability for:
- Completing tasks which are not stated within our written or verbal Contract;
- Cleaning jobs not completed due to the lack of water or power;
- A third party entering or present at the customer’s premises during the cleaning process;
- Wear or discolouring of carpeting that may become more visible once dirt has been removed;
- Failing to remove old/permanent stains or residues using our regular steam cleaning methods, with our without the use of a chemical-free cleaning agent.
- We accept payment by cash, cheque or bank transfer.
- Payment is required on the day of completion of the cleaning services supplied, or within 5 days of receipt of an invoice where credit terms have been agreed.
- Payment by cheque should be made on completion, payable to ‘Dorset Steam Cleaning Services’. A cheque guarantee card is required and the customer will be responsible for any bank and/or legal charges resulting from a dishonoured cheque.
- Non-payment of any outstanding debt after 30 days of the date of invoice or completion of the cleaning services supplied will result in (a) legal action being taken through a Solicitor or (b) the debt being passed to a collections agency, at which point an additional charge of 15% + VAT will be added to the debt.
- The Customer agrees as part of this Contract to pay this or any other sum which represents our reasonable costs in collecting the unpaid amounts.
Complaints & Claims
While we make every effort not to break any item or cause any damage, accidents do happen.
- The Customer is required to remove and store away any fragile and highly breakable items. Certain items are excluded from liability including cash, jewellery, art and antiques and items of sentimental value.
- All services shall be deemed to have been carried out to the Customer’s satisfaction unless written notice giving details of the complaint is received by Dorset Steam Cleaning within 24 hours of the work being completed. We will fully investigate any complaint and attempt to resolve it to the Customer’s satisfaction, or alternatively to a reasonable standard.
- Complaints are accepted verbally over the phone and in writing (letter or email).
- The Customer accepts and understands that poor service, breakage, damage or theft must be reported within 24 hours from completion of the services supplied. No refund or recovery cleaning claims will be considered after the 24 hour period.
- Dorset Steam Cleaning requires the presence of the customer or third party representative instructed by the Customer at the beginning and at the end of the cleaning session to carry out an inspection so that any corrections can be made on the same day. If no such person is present at the time of completion of the service then no claim can be made.
- If the customer has scheduled an inventory check then it must be scheduled to commence no later than 24 hours after the cleaning job has been carried out.
- Dorset Steam Cleaning will not accept a complaint based on any inventory check filed more than 24-hour after the cleaning session.
- Any attempt to commit insurance fraud or any use of false information to commit any type of fraud will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law by Dorset Steam Cleaning Services together with the Insurance Providers. Monetary compensation as well as legal fees may be incurred.
- Key replacement/locksmith fees are paid only if keys are lost by Dorset Steam Cleaning. There is a £30 per household liability limit.
- In case of damage Dorset Steam Cleaning will repair the item at its cost. If the item cannot be repaired Dorset Steam Cleaning will credit the customer with the item’s present actual cash value toward a like replacement from a source selected by Dorset Steam Cleaning upon payment of cleaning services rendered.
- Dorset Steam Cleaning may take up to 7 working days to respond to a complaint.
Cancellation or Curtailment
- The Customer may terminate a booking for a cleaning service by giving one week (7 calendar days) advance notice in writing, by letter or by email.
- The Customer agrees to pay the full price of the cleaning visit in the case of a termination of the service if the customer has given less than one week advance notice.
- The Customer may change the date/time of the cleaning visit(s) by giving at least 24 hours advance notice.
- The Customer agrees to pay the full price of the cleaning visit if the customer changes the date/time less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled appointment.
- The Customer agrees to pay the full price of the cleaning visit in the event of a lock-out causing Dorset Steam Cleaners to be turned away, that is if there is no one available to let us in, or if there is a problem gaining access with customer’s keys.
- If keys are provided they must open the lock without any special efforts or skills.
These Terms & Conditions came into effect on 6th April 2018. Any updates to them will be published on this page.